Presentation Consults offer free advice for members of the OU-Tulsa community who are seeking to improve their presentations. You can sign up for a presentation consult at https://ou-tulsa.libcal.com/appointments?lid=2033.
When you schedule a presentation consult, you will receive help from the Schusterman Library's presentation coaches. Presentation coaches are available to help with:
- Topic selection
- Researching appropriate data
- Organizing and refining information
- Outlining main points
- Source citation
- Presentation delivery
- Visual aids (e.g. PowerPoint, graphics, posters, etc.)
Schedule an appointment at https://ou-tulsa.libcal.com/appointments/.
- What to Bring
Before you come to your appointment, here are some things you can bring to make it as efficient and helpful as possible:
- Fill out this preparation worksheet prior to your consultation.
- Bring your rough draft (including PowerPoint, Prezi, videos, etc.) Feel free to email everything to one of the coaches beforehand!
- Any questions or concerns regarding your presentation (such as organization, visual aids, grammar, body language, tacking nerves).
- Bring any applicable rubrics or guidelines.
- Groups are welcome!
- What to Expect
Presentation Consults offer personalized instruction to members of the OU-Tulsa community experiencing communication apprehension or "stage fright" as well as help with overall presentation design and organization. Presentation coaches work one-on-one or with groups from the initial brainstorming all the way through practice and delivering presentations.
- Presentation Coaches
Alyssa Migdalski is a Reference and Instruction Librarian for the Schusterman Library. She specializes in presentation delivery coaching. Alyssa will help you become a more confidence and expressive presenter.
Emrys Moreau is a Reference and Instruction Librarian for the Schusterman Library. She specializes in presentation design. Emrys will help you create creative and clear presentations.