Schusterman Library is now hiring - see the description of the position below.
Find the position listing at OU's Human Resources Page. (Position Number 18211)
Position: Associate Professor/Associate Director for User Experience and Assessment
Full-time non-tenure-track faculty position (minimum rank of Assistant Professor) in the Department of Health Sciences Library and Information Management, Graduate College, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. The individual filling this position will function primarily in the Schusterman Library, OU-Tulsa Schusterman Center Campus in Tulsa, OK.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- Minimum 2 years in a professional leadership role
- Demonstrated record of success in working with students and faculty in a college or university setting, particularly in public services roles including providing instruction and research assistance.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in communication, including oral, written, and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in professional development, including scholarship, publication, service, and grants.
- Demonstrated experience in working with students in advanced degree programs (Master’s, Ph.D) and/or advanced professional programs in the health sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment of library programs and services.
- A second Master’s degree or other advanced degree.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Associate Director for User Experience and Assessment will report to the Director, Schusterman Library, and provide leadership and support for all areas of public service within the OU-Tulsa libraries. The Associate Director will lead the development of policies and procedures in response to the needs of the students, staff and faculty of OU-Tulsa. The Associate Director will also coordinate the collection and reporting of all library assessment data, and collaborate with the librarians and staff to develop appropriate action plans based on these findings. Additionally, the Associate Director will develop training programs for the OU-Tulsa librarians and staff to foster their continuing professional development and growth.
The Associate Director will be a part of a dynamic team of librarians, library staff, and graduate research assistants, and will play a significant role in human resources management for the library, including recruiting and mentoring of new staff, attending to matters of personnel management and training, and standing in when the Director is unavailable. As the leader of the public services team, the Associate Director will model and provide support for excellence in reference and research services, information literacy instruction, and collaboration with campus leadership and faculty. The Associate Director will also engage with student associations and faculty groups on campus to better understand the needs of our primary users and discover innovative ways to connect with them. The Associate Director may be assigned other duties and responsibilities or work projects as needed by the Director.
The librarian will have non-tenure-track faculty status and will be active in campus governance. Participation in professional organizations and special projects to enhance library services is encouraged.